Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of one or more of the following: 1) difficulty falling asleep 2) waking up frequently during the night with difficulty returning to sleep 3) waking up too early in the morning unrefreshing sleep Insomnia is not defined by the number of hours of sleep a person gets or how long it takes to fall asleep. Individuals vary normally in their need for, and their satisfaction with, sleep. Insomnia may cause prob...
Insomnia as related to Mind-Body Medicine
- Sleep, Herbs, Herbal Medicine, sleep disorders, insomnia ...
Sleep Disorders. Insomnia. Alternative and Complementary treatments for insomnia are described. Herbs and herbal therapies for combating insomnia are described.
- Treatment - Insomnia - National Sleep Foundation
You should seek help if your insomnia has become a pattern, or if you often feel fatigued or unrefreshed during the day and it interferes with your daily life.
- 14 Natural Ways to Help You Sleep - Verywell
Get the lowdown on 14 natural sleep aids and insomnia remedies, including herbs, vitamins, meditation, hypnosis, foods, exercises, light therapy, and more.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Pharmacotherapy for Insomnia
Research from JAMA Internal Medicine — Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Pharmacotherapy for Insomnia — A Randomized Controlled Trial and Direct Comparison
- 10 Sleep Tips Inspired By Chinese Medicine - mindbodygreen
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, if you place your hand twelve inches in front of your face and you can clearly see it, then your room is not ...
- Mind Body Medicine - INTEGRATIVE MENTAL HEALTH AND …
Mind Body Medicine. A different kind of doctor. A new type of medicine. A new era of communication.
- Sleep - Alternative Medicine, Complementary Medicine ...
Sleep Disorders. Insomnia. Alternative and Complementary treatments for insomnia are described. Nutritional therapies for combatting insomnia is described. The most ...
- Herbs for Insomnia - mindbodygreen.com
Sleeplessness, or insomnia, is a condition I’m asked about over and over again. This isn’t really surprising when you think about it. Our diets, stressors and ...
- Hidden Causes of Insomnia – Naturopathic Doctor News and ...
Insomnia is one of the most common complaints heard by healthcare practitioners. In 2008, researchers at Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, published a ...
- The 11 Kinds of Insomnia - Health.com
The 11 Kinds of Insomnia Can't sleep? Here are 11 types of insomnia developed by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.