Selenite; Selenized Yeast; Selenomethionine
Glaucoma is a group of diseases of the optic nerve involving loss of retinal ganglion cells in a characteristic pattern of optic neuropathy. Raised intraocular pressure is a significant risk factor for developing glaucoma. There is no set threshold for intraocular pressure that causes glaucoma — while one person may develop nerve damage at a relatively low pressure, another person may have high eye pressures for years and yet never develop damage. ...
An essential dietary mineral.
Glaucoma as related to Selenium
- Nutrition and Glaucoma | Glaucoma Research Foundation
Glaucoma and the Brain. Recent research has shown that the complex connection between the eye and the brain is an important key to the disease. Read more »
- Ophthamologist - Eye Diseases - Dr Kondrot - Healing the Eye ...
What supplements help reduce Glaucoma Symptoms? Antioxidants. Antioxidants may help improve outflow of fluid in the eye and lower the intraocular pressure.
- Alternative Medicine | Glaucoma Research Foundation
Alternative medicine may be defined as non-standard, unconventional treatments for glaucoma. Use of alternative medicine continues to increase, although it must be ...
- Glaucoma | University of Maryland Medical Center
Glaucoma Introduction. Glaucoma is a slowly progressing disease that causes damage to the eye's optic nerve and can result in blindness. Open angle glaucoma, the most ...
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma - Medscape Reference
Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma. The definition of glaucoma has changed drastically since its introduction around the time of Hippocrates (approximately 400 BC).
- Glaucoma Treatment, Prognosis, Prevention - Glaucoma ...
Glaucoma may be successfully treated by medication, surgery, or both. Treatment depends on the type of glaucoma and its severity, and the underlying medical ...
- Natural therapies for ocular disorders, part two: cataracts ...
Treatment. Treatment. Glaucoma treatments generally focus on reducing intraocular pressure to a level the health care professional believes will not cause further ...
- Alpha Lipoic Acid - Information and Recommended Uses
Complete information about our recommendation of Alpha Lipoic Acid, including why it is recommended; conditions prevented by it.
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Workup - Medscape Reference
Workup: Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma. The definition of glaucoma has changed drastically since its introduction around the time of Hippocrates ...