Fibromyalgia syndrome is a common and chronic disorder characterized by widespread muscle pain, fatigue, and multiple tender points. The word fibromyalgia comes from the Latin term for fibrous tissue (fibro) and the Greek ones for muscle (myo) and pain (algia). Tender points are specific places on the body; on the neck, shoulders, back, hips, and upper and lower extremities; where people with fibromyalgia feel pain in response to slight pressure.
Found in some over-the-counter weight loss formulas, this extract from a West African plant seed contains a contaminant linked to a rare and potentially deadly blood disorder. It has not been proven to effectively promote weight loss.
Fibromyalgia as related to 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)
- 5HTP helps control appetite, insomnia, mood and fibromyalgia
1. What is 5-HTP? 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid that is the intermediate step between tryptophan and the important brain chemical ...
- Double-blind study of 5-hydroxytryptophan versus placebo ...
Overview. 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a chemical that the body makes from tryptophan (an essential amino acid that you get from food). After tryptophan is ...
- Fibromyalgia 5-HTP Combination Tharapy for Fibromyalgia ...
Treatment of Fibromyalgia. Alternative Medicine. 5-HTP Combination Therapy for Fibromyalgia . 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a supplement that is manufactured â€¦
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) - GreenMedInfo.com
This topic has 9 study abstracts on 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) indicating that it may have therapeutic value in the treatment of Headache, Fibromyalgia, and Headache ...
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) - Health Benefits & Uses
What is 5-HTP? 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a compound produced in the body from the amino acid tryptophan. It is a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin and ...
- L-5-HTP Uses, Effects and Side Effects - Nootriment
5-HTP and Tryptophan. In the human body, 5-Hydroxytryptophan is a metabolite of Tryptophan, which means that Tryptophan is broken down to make 5-HTP.
- 5-HTP for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
5-HTP supplements are frequently recommended for people with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out what 5-HTP does, what dosage is recommended, â€¦
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin ...
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a chemical by-product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It is also produced commercially from the seeds of an African plant ...