Chicken Pox; Varicella-Zoster Virus
Child & Teen Health
Chicken pox, also spelled chickenpox, is a common childhood disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV), also known as human herpes virus 3 (HHV-3), one of the eight herpesviruses known to affect humans. It is characterized by a fever followed by itchy raw pox or open sores.
Chickenpox as related to Child and Teen Health
- Parenting and Child Health - Health Topics - Chickenpox
Chickenpox. Chickenpox is a common viral infection that spreads very easily and over 90% of people get it during childhood unless they have been immunised.
- Vaccine Information You Need from the Immunization Action ...
THRIVE App: The THRIVE (Teen/Young Adult Health Resources, Information & Vaccine Education) App provides parents of teens and young adults with a mobile, interactive ...
- Kids' Health - Topics - Chickenpox - CYH
Chickenpox. Contents. What is chickenpox? What does it look like? How do you get it? What you should do; What you should not do; About shingles; How to avoid chickenpox
- Pictures show why you NEVER give a child with chickenpox ...
Fact Sheet for Parents. Color [2 pages] Black and white [2 pages] Español: Varicela. The best way to protect against chickenpox is by getting the chickenpox (also ...
- Chickenpox incubation period - Health information you can ...
Chickenpox (varicella) is a common, highly contagious, viral infectious disease of childhood. Usually mild, it’s characterised by a very itchy rash that can spread ...
- Health Information | National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Find science-based health information on symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, research, clinical trials and more from NIH, the nation’s medical research agency.
- How to Prevent Chickenpox: 6 Steps (with Pictures)
Expert Reviewed. How to Prevent Chickenpox. Two Parts: Preventing Chickenpox Preventing the Spread of Chickenpox Community Q&A. Chickenpox is a highly …
- Ask the Experts: Chickenpox (varicella)
What is the recommended schedule for vaccinating a child? What about adults? For children, the first dose should be ...
- Chickenpox natural treatment | Medicine Naturally
Solutions for treating chickenpox naturally ... Chickenpox is caused by a virus called Varicella Zoster virus (VZV). This virus is related to the herpes virus and ...