Chicken Pox; Varicella-Zoster Virus
Chicken pox, also spelled chickenpox, is a common childhood disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV), also known as human herpes virus 3 (HHV-3), one of the eight herpesviruses known to affect humans. It is characterized by a fever followed by itchy raw pox or open sores.
Chickenpox as related to Childhood Immunization
- NC DPH, WCH: Immunization Branch
Home page for the N.C. Immunization Branch. We facilitate the provision of immunization services to the citizens of North Carolina. Find information about ...
- Childhood Immunization: MedlinePlus
Childhood immunization involve vaccines that protect children from more than a dozen diseases. Learn more on how to protect your child.
- Chickenpox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chickenpox, also known as varicella, is a highly contagious disease caused by the initial infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV). The disease results in a ...
- Chickenpox Treatment, Symptoms & Home Remedies
Learn about chickenpox (chicken pox) signs, symptoms, causes, and treatment for this highly contagious viral infection. The Varivax vaccine is 95% effective against ...
- Vaccine Information Statement | Chickenpox | Varicella ...
Chickenpox Vaccine What You Need to Know Why get vaccinated? Chickenpox (also called varicella) is a common childhood disease. It is usually …
- Childhood Immunizations Guide - WebMD
Learn what vaccinations to get for your child and when.
- Immunizations - For Children - Childhood Immunization ...
This page gives you information on childhood immunization facts.
- Combination Vaccines for Childhood Immunization
Combination Vaccines for Childhood Immunization Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), the American Academy of Pediatrics …
- Childhood Immunization Schedule: Get Catch-Up Tips
Childhood Immunization Schedule - Experience. Please describe your child's experience with childhood vaccines.