Cancer of breast; Cancer, Breast; Malignant neoplasm of breast; malignant tumor of breast; Mammary cancer; Paget's Disea...
Awa; Kava; Kawa; Kew; Piper methysticum; Yagona
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast.
The most common type of breast cancer is ductal carcinoma, which begins in the cells of the ducts. Cancer that begins in the lobes or lobules is called lobular carcinoma and is more often found in both breasts than are other types of breast cancer. Inflammatory breast cancer is an uncommon type of breast cancer in which the breast is warm, red, and swollen.
Kava is an ancient crop of the western Pacific. Other names for kava include `awa (Hawaii), 'ava (Samoa), yaqona (Fiji), and sakau (Pohnpei). Its scientific name is Piper methysticum. Kava is related to the black pepper--both have heart-shaped leaves and flowers similar to the flower spike of the anthurium. Kava also has a peppery taste. Since time immemorial kava has been a part of religious, political, and cultural life throughout the Pacific.
Breast Cancer as related to Kava-Kava
- Kava - Breast Cancer Information and Awareness
Also known as: Piper methysticum, ava, awa, gea, gi, intoxicating long pepper, kao, kawapfeffer, kew, malohu, maluk, rauschpfeffer, rhizome di kava-kava, sakau, tonga ...
- KAVA: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD
Find patient medical information for KAVA on WebMD including its uses, effectiveness, side effects and safety, interactions, user ratings and products that have it.
- Can kava cure cancer? - UCI News
Can kava cure cancer? ... of Minnesota researchers published study results in which flavokawain A treatments blocked the proliferation of breast cancer cells.)
- Breast Cancer Partner - Insomnia
Recover Overcoming Treatment Insomnia. Is getting a sound good night’s sleep something that has plagued you since being diagnosed with breast cancer?
- Definition of kava kava - NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms ...
Breast Cancer; Colorectal Cancer; Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer; Leukemia; Lung ... Kava kava may increase the effect of alcohol and of certain drugs used to treat ...
- Kava (Piper methysticum) | Cancer Network
ARS 2016 | Breast Cancer | Colorectal Cancer ... Kava (Piper methysticum) April 15, 2011 ... Clouatre DL.Kava kava: ...
- Kava Root: Do the Risks Outweigh the Benefits? - Dr. Axe
Kava Root: Do the Risks Outweigh the Benefits? ... Helps Combat Breast Cancer. Kava kava has been reported to possess anticancer and anti-inflammatory activities.
- Kava Kava Root Supplements: Benefits, Effects, Use, Dosage ...
What is kava?Kava, ... Kava - Topic Overview. Kava Guide. ... Lung Cancer Treatment; Breast Cancer Advances; IBS-C Symptoms? Facts About Skin Cancer;
- (kava) Drug Side Effects, Interactions ... - eMedicineHealth
What is the most important information I should know about kava ()? Kava has been shown to ... Lung Cancer Treatment; Breast ... eMedicineHealth does not ...
- Kava Uses, Benefits & Dosage - Drugs.com Herbal Database
24. Schwabe KP. Kava-kava extract, process for the production thereof and use thereof. 1994; ... 88. Steiner GG. The correlation between cancer incidence and kava ...