Asthma as related to Ephedra
Ephedra sinensis; Ephedra sinica; Epitonin; Herbal Ecstasy; Ma Huang; Mahuang; Muzei; Popptillo
Asthma (AZ-muh) is a chronic disease that affects your airways, which are the tubes that carry air in and out of your lungs. If you have asthma, the inside walls of your airways are inflamed (swollen). The inflammation (IN-fla-MAY-shun) makes the airways very sensitive, and they tend to react strongly to things to which you are allergic or find irritating. When the airways react, they get narrower and less air flows through to your lung tissues. This causes symptoms like wheezing (a whistling so...
Ephedra is a genus of gymnosperm shrubs, the only genus in the family Ephedraceae and order Ephedrales. These plants occur in dry climates over a wide area mainly in the Northern Hemisphere, across southern Europe, north Africa, southwest and central Asia, southwestern North America, and, in the Southern Hemisphere, in South America south to Patagonia. They are also called Joint-pine, Jointfir, or Mormon-tea. The Chinese name is Ma Huang. ...
Asthma as related to Ephedra
- Ephedra | University of Maryland Medical Center
Plant Description. Ephedra is a shrub that is native to Pakistan, China, and northwestern India. Some ephedra species grow in the Southwest desert of the United States.
- EPHEDRA: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD
Find patient medical information for EPHEDRA on WebMD including its uses, effectiveness, side effects and safety, interactions, user ratings and products that have it.
- Which Asthma Medications Contain Ephedrine?
Find out which asthma medications contain ephedrine, and why it is more difficult to find asthma medications containing ephedrine over-the-counter.
- Ephedra (Ephedra spp.), ma huang Background - Mayo Clinic
Ephedra sinica, a species of ephedra (ma huang), contains ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. ... Ephedrine has been widely studied for asthma and low blood …
- Ephedrine HCL & Pure Ephedrine asthma relief and energy ...
FAQ. Ephedrine HCL for asthma relief how it works. Ephedrine HCL also helps to give relief to persons suffering from asthma. For the uninitiated ephedrine HCL is an ...
- Ephedrine: Uses, Dosage & Side Effects - Drugs.com
Ephedrine is used for temporary relief of shortness of breath, chest tightness, and wheezing due to bronchial asthma. Includes ephedrine side effects, interactions ...
- Ephedra Effectiveness, Safety, and Drug Interactions on RxList
Ephedra information based on scientific evidence includes description, drug interactions, safety concerns, and effectiveness.
- What is Ephedra? Side Effects and Safety Concerns
3) Asthma and Other Respiratory Disorders. Ephedra has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine as a folk remedy for asthma, bronchitis, allergies, fever ...