Many burn patients experience depression - News
Many burn patients experience depression
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 01:55 AM EST
... About half of burn patients who often undergo years of reconstruction surgery showed signs of clinical depression, says a U.S. study. ...
- Postpartum Depression
- Mouth and Teeth
- Older Adults
- Dietary Fats
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Egg Protein
- Vaccinations For HIV/AIDs Patients
- What Your Female Patients Want to Know About Bladder Control
- Smoking Cessation and Continued Risk in Cancer Patients
- Most people with small tumors will have no permanent paralysis of the face after surgery. However, about two-thirds of patients with large tumors will have some permanent facial weakness after surgery.
- Approximately one-half of patients with small tumors will get back useful hearing in the affected ear after surgery.
- Too many steroid injections over a short period of time can cause injury to the surrounding tendons.
- Seizures (in about half of patients)